The Lady Behind The Lens: Meet Julia
I Believe In Stories
A great story can make you change the way you look at life, can make you laugh or cry, and is never forgotten. Your story should be expressed as beautiful moments frozen into memories. Instead of a pen or typewriter, my camera is my instrument which makes stories come to life.
As your photographer, it’s important that this new chapter in your life is captured. Whether it be your senior portraits, anniversary, family, pregnancy announcement, proposal, engagement, or wedding, your story is unique and should be told in it’s own way. I feel it’s my job to be the storyteller, to capture the next step in your life story that you will always remember and cherish.
I’m currently nestled in the pines of Flagstaff, Arizona, and am available for travel to Sedona, Prescott, Grand Canyon, the Phoenix/valley area.
Send me an inquiry or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can begin to discuss the next chapter of your story!
*Check out the most recent sessions on the blog!!*
Fun Facts About Me
- I’m an only child but have two red poodle puppies, Chester and Rosie, which count as siblings!
- Eating healthy is important to me, which is why I’m organic eater..and recently became gluten + diary free
- In 2015, I graduated with two Bachelors of Science in Photography and Advertising from Northern Arizona University
- Tea is my obsession; hot or iced, I love it all!
- My other passion is writing fiction! I’m currently working a fantasy novel and two children’s stories
- Being active is very important to me; whether it’s hiking, yoga, or a gym workout, I feel best when exercising routinely!
- I’m now an alumna member of Alpha Omicron Pi, and met some amazing sisters who I still keep in touch with
- I reallyyy enjoy cooking, especially breakfast. I can make a mean omelette and french toast
- I was awarded two scholarships for Advertising and Photography from NAU in 2014
- I love traveling but never have “crossed the pond”, the first place on my list is Italy! (since I’m 50% Italian, ciao!)
- Volunteering at the Flagstaff Family Food Center is something I enjoy doing throughout the year
- Throughout the year, I photograph freelance various events for NAU’s Market and University Events departments
My Creative Background And Style
Julia Romano Photography began over 6 years ago; in my past, I worked at a senior portrait studio (Portraits By Reg) while in high school for three summers in a row, but was also drawn to wedding photography on the side. I began working as an assistant “2nd” photographer along side several Phoenix wedding photographers until I felt comfortable shooting my first wedding alone during freshman year at Northern Arizona University. My experience at NAU went by in a blink of an eye! It was bittersweet to graduate from NAU with two Bachelors of Science in Photography and Advertising in May 2015. However, I feel confident and proud of my photography style and professional quality through the four years of hard work, gaining skills from photography courses, and time spent learning new techniques to achieve my creative style and grow my business. My style of photography is seen with a fresh outlook, taste of modern elegance, and open mind for creativity, since the world of photography is always evolving. I’m also a freelance photographer, capturing many events for NAU’s Marketing and University Events departments including the Spring Graduation Commencements & Convocations (2016 + 2017), NAU Fundraiser Gala at the High Country Conference Center, Homecoming Banquet, NAU/Phoenix Suns Scrimmage Event, Campaign to Elevate the NAU School of Music at the MIM, Alumni Happy Hours, and many more.
Since beginning my career, I’ve had the joy of working with many amazing individuals, graduating seniors, couples, and families to bring them images that they will enjoy and cherish for many years to come. My style of sessions are taken on-location in glowing and gorgeous natural light in a nature or urban setting. If you’re camera shy, don’t worry. Making you feel comfortable in front of the camera will be a piece of cake! I love creating and trying new ideas, in-the-moment candid shots, and other suggestions you desire. Photography is not only my joy and passion, but it’s also my passion to create and provide beautiful and professional quality images for my amazing clients (click here to read some testimonials!). I want them to be happy in every aspect and take the time to thoroughly figure out what they want and what’s to be expected prior to their portrait session or wedding.