The Lady Behind The Lens: Meet Julia
I Believe In Stories
A great story can make you change the way you look at life, can make you laugh or cry, and is never forgotten. Your story should be expressed as beautiful moments frozen into memories. Instead of a pen or typewriter, my camera is my instrument which makes stories come to life.
As your photographer, it’s important that this new chapter in your life is captured. Whether it be your senior portraits, anniversary, family, pregnancy announcement, proposal or engagement, or wedding, your story is unique and should be told in it’s own way. I feel it’s my job to be the storyteller, to capture the next step in your life story that you will always remember and cherish.
I’m currently nestled in the Northern pines of Flagstaff and am available for travel all over Arizona & beyond!
Send me an inquiry or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can begin to discuss the next chapter of your story!
*Check out the most recent sessions my Julia Romano Photography Facebook Page & Instagram!!*
Fun Facts About Me
- In 2015, I graduated with two Bachelors of Science in Photography and Advertising from Northern Arizona University.
- Tea is my obsession; hot, iced, chai or matcha – I love it all!
- I’m an only child but have two red poodle puppies, Chester and Rosie, which count as siblings.
- Last summer I “crossed the pond” for the FIRST time to visit Scotland! I cannot wait to go back!
- Eating healthy is important to me, which is why I’m organic eater and cook most of my meals at home.
- My other passion (since childhood) is writing fiction, I’m currently working a fiction novel and two children’s stories.
- Hiking is my favorite way to experience all the beauty and seasons here in Northern Arizona, I can recommend some great trails!
- I’m an alumna member of Alpha Omicron Pi, and met some amazing sorority sisters who I still keep in touch with.
- I was awarded two scholarships for Advertising and Photography from NAU in 2014.
- I’m 50% Italian, ciao! (I want to start learning Italian and travel to Italy one day!)
- Volunteering at the Flagstaff Family Food Center is something I enjoy doing throughout the year.
My Creative Background And Style
In 2009, I worked at a senior portrait studio in Tempe (Portraits By Reg) while in high school for three summers in a row, but was also drawn to wedding photography. On the side, I began working in 2011 as a paid assistant photographer along several wedding photographers in Phoenix until I felt comfortable shooting my first wedding alone (at 18 years old!) while attending Northern Arizona University. My experience at NAU went by in a blink of an eye. It was bittersweet to graduate but was rewarded with two Bachelors of Science in Photography and Advertising in May 2015. Since graduating, I have stayed in Flagstaff and have gone full time with photography. I feel proud of my style and professionalism through the years of hard work, gaining skills from photography courses and on-location practice, with time spent learning new techniques to grow my business. My style of photography is seen with a fresh outlook, taste of modern elegance, and open mind for creativity and color, since the world of photography is always evolving. On the side, I’m a freelance photographer for NAU and capture various events for the Alumni Engagement, University Events, and various departments. Some events I’ve photographed throughout the years include Spring Graduation Commencements & Convocations (2016 + 2017), NAU Fundraiser Gala at the High Country Conference Center, Homecoming Banquets, NAU/Phoenix Suns Scrimmage, Campaign to Elevate the NAU School of Music at the MIM, many Alumni Happy Hours, and more.
Since beginning my career, I’ve had the joy of working with many amazing individuals; photographing hundreds of graduating seniors, couples, and families to bring them images that they will enjoy and cherish for many years to come. My style of sessions are on-location in a nature or urban setting in gorgeous natural light. If you’re camera shy, don’t worry! I keep my posing minimal and relaxed so my clients feel comfortable in front of the camera. I love creating and trying new ideas, in-the-moment candid shots, and other suggestions you desire. I’ve photographed over 65 weddings to date, and love being apart of my couple’s special day. Photography is not only my joy and passion, but to also provide a professional and fun experience for my clients as well as delivering them beautiful images they can look back on for years (click here to read some testimonials!). I want my clients (and you!) to be happy in every aspect and take the time to thoroughly figure out what they want and what’s to be expected prior to their portrait session or wedding.